It is again time to celebrate the annual gathering of the 7 tribes of Bukidnon and they called it Kaamulan. The 7 tribes are Bukidnon, Talaandig, Manobo, Higaonon, Matigsalug, Tiguahanon and Umayamnon. I’ve been always attending the Kaamulan Festival for 4 years in a row now, speacially during the day of the Kaamulan Festival Ethnic Street Dancing Competition. So, for those who wants to visit Bukidnon as early as today, here are the highlights of the 2012 Kaamulan Festival in Bukidnon source Bukidnon Online:
Kaamulan Festival Bukidnon 2012:
- February 16, 2012 – soft opening of Kaamulan Festival 2012 at Malaybalay City, Bukidnon (the capital of the province). A “pamuhat” or Pamukalag ha pamuhat ta Kaamulan will be held at the Capitol Grounds at 8 am.
- February 24, 2012 – Grand Opening of the 2012 Bukidnon Kaamulan Festival.
- An opening ritual called Kaamulan ha Pangampu, motorcade (to be participated in by sponsors) and school band parade will take place starting at 6 am. At around 8 am, the formal opening of the Kaamulan garden show, food fest, agri-fair, bazaar, livestock show will take place. A school band competition will also be held at around 10:30 am. The registration for the Off Road competition will be held at Impasugong at 9.
- February 25, 2012 – At 8 am, a Bukidnon Seven Ethnic Groups Convention will take place at the Tulugan area, Capitol Grounds, Malaybalay City. The 2nd Kaamulan Moto-Trail will begin at 8 am at the Kaamulan Grounds. Off Road Challenge will be held at Impasugong at 9 am.
- February 28, 2012 – A tribal wedding is set to take place at 8 am, Tulugan, Capitol Grounds. Meanwhile, a flowerhorn fish show will also be held at the Capitol area at 8 am.
- February 29, 2012 – At 8 am, a Tribal Olympics of the 7 Ethnic Groups will take place at the Capitol Grounds. In the evening, at around 6 pm, a show will be held at the Capitol Stage dubbed “A Night of Bukidnon Music With Bukidnon Artists”
- March 1, 2012 – A tree planting activity will be held at Barangay Kibalabag as early as 6 am. A Bukidnon native cooking contest will be held at the Capitol Grounds at 8 am. A separate section at the Capitol Grounds will be allocated for the tribal olympics of the 7 ethnic groups. The 2nd Gov. Alex P. Calingasan Moto Trail Challenge continues at Kaamulan Grounds at 8 am.
- March 2, 2012 – Catch the Piniliyapan Hu Bukidnon event, 7 pm at the Kaamulan Open Theater, Malaybalay City
- March 3, 2012 – 2012 Kaamulan Festival Ethnic Street Dancing Competition (along Fortich Street). Find a good spot along Fortich Street early! The opening of the Kaamulan Rodeo will also take place at 8 am (Grandstand). There will also be a concert featuring Manila artists, 7 pm at the Capitol Stage. A fireworks display will then take place at around 8 pm.
- March 4, 2012 – Rodeo Night at the Grandstand 7 pm
- March 5, 2012 – Chess tournament at the Bukidnon State University Gymnasium starting at 8 am
- March 6, 2012 – Kaamulan Motocross starts at 8 am, Grandstand. The Talent Night for the 2012 Binibining Bukidnon (Miss Bukidnon 2012) will be held at 7 pm at the Kaamulan Open Theater, Malaybalay City
- March 7, 2012 – Motocross Championship at 8 am, Grandstand. If you’re also interested, there’s an RC Off Road Show at the Kaamulan Grounds at 8 am
- March 8, 2012 – 7 pm, Coronation Night of Miss Bukidnon 2012 (Binibining Bukidnon 2012), Kaamulan Open Theater. Starting at 6 am, by the way, Women’s Day will be celebrated at the Kaamulan Open Theater
- March 9, 2012 – Fun Run, 5 am, Kaamulan Grounds and at 7 pm at the Bukidnon State University Gym, the BSU Chorale concert
- March 10, 2012 – 95th Foundation Day of the Province of Bukidnon. A program will be held at the Capitol Grounds, 7 am
See you there!